About Me

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I have always been interested in art, color, and the fundamentals of design. As a child, I designed furniture and built rooms for Barbie instead of actually playing with Barbie. I am always looking for ways to improve and update my indoor and outdoor living spaces...I have many ideas and opinions about how I want decorate my home while still maintaining a budget. This blog site will encompass many ideas, DIY projects, recipes, travel experiences, and tips that I've acquired over the years and from my Grandmother. All photographic images are directly from my home and I welcome all visitors to get inspired by any or all of the ideas that I post.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Paint Colors I'm Loving...



Dill Pickle
   
Dill Pickle by Benjamin Moore Paints is a beautiful cool green with a light and airy quality. I love this color paired with citrus colors, cool blues, or warm beiges. This color is found in nature and creates a peaceful environment to any room. Dill Pickle will act as a tranquil backdrop to any room that a serene calming effect is needed like a bedroom or bathroom. Green is considered the most restful of all the colors and a wonderful way to introduce nature into your home.

Sea Mist Green
 
Sea Mist Green is a cool crisp aqua marine blue with green undertones. Resembling water and sky, this color suggests harmony and balance. Sea Mist Green is calming, restful, and a little more balanced between masculine and feminine. Whether used in a beach house or luxury spa bathroom, this color is sure to please. Sea Mist Green would look great when enhanced with lots of texture...glosses, metals, woven fibers, or bamboo will enhance this hue.


Patriotic White

Patriotic White by Benjamin Moore is a crisp airy white with blue undertones and a subtle softness. This color has a creamy quality and has the ability to change dimension with the rising and setting of the sun. Painting trim and baseboards in Patriotic White high gloss paint will enhance the beauty of any room. This color would also look amazing on a ceiling and will cast a wonderful glow from sconces, chandeliers, or candlelight. Patriotic White could also be used for whitewashing existing paneling or floors and will look stunning combined with bold patterns and well worn items with patina. I would "ground" this color with rich espresso accessories or a hand woven rug for texture and contrast.
 
Pewter

The last color I'm loving is Pewter, also by Benjamin Moore. With a touch of silver, this pigment boasts high elegance and style. This shade will go with everything and is a perfect neutral backdrop in any decor. Done in a high gloss, Pewter could be very glamorous and contemporary. Beige or cream can get boring and this shade of gray is anything but boring. It's cool and crisp without going too dark and would very pleasing with a navy/cream or black/white color scheme accented with a bold fuchia.

These four attractive colors all work well with each other and can be used together to create one cohesive space because they all resemble the same intensity. Whatever your decor is, these colors are sure to please and will give any home a modern flare.


No comments:

Post a Comment