About Me

My photo
Wisconsin, United States
I have always been interested in art, color, and the fundamentals of design. As a child, I designed furniture and built rooms for Barbie instead of actually playing with Barbie. I am always looking for ways to improve and update my indoor and outdoor living spaces...I have many ideas and opinions about how I want decorate my home while still maintaining a budget. This blog site will encompass many ideas, DIY projects, recipes, travel experiences, and tips that I've acquired over the years and from my Grandmother. All photographic images are directly from my home and I welcome all visitors to get inspired by any or all of the ideas that I post.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Houseplant Fall/Winter Mist Recipes

I like to give my houseplants some refreshment after the long hot days of summer. This includes adding fresh soil, pruning, or repotting plants that are overgrown. Mixing up a batch of a winter mist tonic helps each of my houseplants thrive through winter.

I use this solution once a week in a handheld mist sprayer:

3 tsp Baby Shampoo
3 tsp Ammonia
1 tsp Antiseptic Mouthwash
1 qt Room Temperature Water

I also have a recipe for an All Purpose Houseplant Tonic. Please mix well and mist with a handheld sprayer at least once a week:

2 T Whiskey
1 T Hydrogen Peroxide
1 T Fish Fertilizer
1/4 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 tsp Liquid Dish Soap
1/2 tsp Ammonia
1/2 tsp Corn Syrup
1 gallon warm water

No comments:

Post a Comment